Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Slight setback

I thought I would be bringing Jerry home tonight or tomorrow at the latest. However, this nasty childhood RSV virus (I recognize my redundancy) hasn't quite finished with him yet. It's so darned frustrating!! As of earlier today, he will require two more days of treatment, but we're still not certain if that means he comes home after another two days or what.

I have decided to begin my Family Medical Leave because I cannot seem to be there when the doc is, so I'm going to basically camp out at the hospital all day asking lots and lots of questions. I am not limited to just one room, like Jerry is, so I can wander and find new people to ask my questions.

The folks at Emory are terrific, but just like the rest of us, they have their own language and don't always remember to translate for the regular folk. I intend to have them translate until I fully understand.

I'm off to spend some quiet time with my handsome husband!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alice ~

I sent you an email yesterday and it came back that you were out on family leave. I am sorry I didn't get a chance to come give you a BIG hug before you left.

Shamelessly, I admit that I am just now viewing Bike Nut/Bike Nut's Wife blog. I have enjoyed catching up with it all. The words make me realize how precious we are in each other's lives. I cannot imagine what it must be like, not having the one person who provides comfort and warmth not there with you each night and day. The love and comfort you are providing him at this time is so special. He is so very blessed to have you as his "Angel". Your wonderful spirit and sweet demeanor goes a long way in these times.

I hope that Jerry's "numbers" are in line soon so he can go home. As good as the staff at Emory may be, it's not home, is it?

I will be thinking of ya'll and saying extra special prayers for Jerry's recovery and return to your home soon.