Monday, December 17, 2007

Communication glitch

Dearest family, friends and other interested parties, Jerry has asked me to let you know that due to the inconsistent signal from his new room, he is not able to update this blog at this time. Which also means, I'm sorry to say, his picture won't be posted until he's home again.

The good news is, he may be home as soon as Wednesday!! I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high because I don't want to experience that nasty pain of disappointment.

Jerry pointed out to me today that I haven't been blogging about how I am doing. I told him that how he is progessing is much more interesting, but he gave me one of those looks, so I'll try to share how it is from my side of the room.

Mostly, I'm grateful, but tired. I am deeply grateful that we found this early, that Jerry was in such awesome shape and especially for all the prayers and thoughts sent our way. I'm grateful that he seems to be responding well and that the nursing staff all seem to like him so they take especially great care of him.

I'm tired because I've been operating outside of my normal routine for a while now and that seems to take more energy.
I am tired of Emory Hospital, even though I am grateful for all the terrific care they have given and are giving my husband. It's still a hospital and not the cheeriest place to be. I'm tired of doing the grocery shopping! Jerry has always been the better shopper (he reads labels and compares prices) so I gladly agreed to his handling that.

Most of all, I'm tired of not being able to kiss my sweet, handsome husband and of not being able to sleep with him. This new room doesn't even offer a comfortable chair to try to sleep in! No more pajama parties!

Happily, my gratitude far out weighs my exhaustion! It is what keeps me going and keeps me smiling.

We'll be sure to post when Jerry will be leaving the hospital, then he will catch up on his side of the story.

Thank you for listening and for caring!

2 comments:

Friends at AP said...

Jerry: We love you and miss you. The AP and AJC can't operate without you.

Your friends at AP.

Anonymous said...

Hi Flamingo,

Just got your blog address from Joe, and read the last week's comments. Wow! It looks like you and Alice have been handling everything that has been thrown at you. You two keep moving things in the right direction with your great attitude. Thinking of you,

Harry2 @ DMC Gym