Sunday, December 23, 2007

Safe and sound

Finally home, safe and sound.

Now the real work begins. For the past two weeks, Jerry has been confined to a small room and found simply crossing the room to the bathroom to be tough. Now we begin the process of rebuilding his strength. I'll do the bullying, he'll do the physical work.

We have to start slow because the doc said he was not to do anything strenuous. He is not allowed to raise his heart rate. Guess that means I need to keep my distance. ;-)

For those of you nearby, I may be calling on you for help, mostly simple things. I find it difficult to take the recycles to the curb, or carry in all the groceries, particularly the bottled water.

If you are feeling well, please call and maybe come by for a visit. I know Jerry is nuts about me, but, aside from medical personnel and two visits while at the hospital, I'm the only human he's interacted with for the past 4 weeks. We need fresh blood, so to speak!

I have an especially dear friend, Lisa, who has been a constant help to me throughout Jerry's time in the hospital. She even came over before we got home from the hospital to help me by throwing some bedding in the dryer! I am very, very blessed to have her as my friend - and she is an incredible hair dresser and handy ann! I feel deeply grateful to have such a caring friend!

Now, with him home and on the mend, I will have the best Christmas ever!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations ! Finally home, that has to be the best Christmas present ever ! Nice picture too ! You look better without hair ! Hopefully you can get your strength back real soon. We miss ya !