Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Next phase of the adventure

Today was another hurry up and wait day. Initially we'd been told to come to admissions around 10 in the morning. Happily, we got a call suggesting we would be more comfortable waiting at home until Jerry's room was ready. It was more comfortable, but it didn't make the waiting any easier!

Finally, a bit after 4 in the afternoon, Jerry was admitted and we were shown to his room. The room is great. It's nice and big and it's a corner room so we have quite a nice view.

We met a number of the staff and found them each to be quite friendly and helpful.

Today is chemo day, but it is not scheduled until 10 p.m! I had hoped to be with him during the chemo treatment, but I'll be asleep by then as I have an early morning doctor appointment of my own. I'm going for a second epidural shot of steroids in my lower back as treatment for a bulging disk. Just one adventure after another!

I can never say thank you too often for all of the prayers and well wishes. If I weren't so darned grateful, I might be embarrassed by our riches!

More as our stories unfold!

1 comment:

JTP said...

23:29 hrs. Well, i'll be in great shape for the gym in the a.m! Guess i'll be late. Anyway, thanks for the update. Sounds like the fun is really starting. If i read it right, you're right in the middle of chemo. Harry keeps bugging me about how you're doing so i can give him an update. Do well, be well. joe p