Friday, November 30, 2007

Day + 1

As Alice has already written, yesterday was the Big Day. The doc said it'd be rather anticlimactic after everything so far...and he was right. Except for the hullabaloo with the singing and the hat, it was pretty uneventful. However, it truly is the first day of the rest of my life. Too bad I slept through a fair amount of it, catching up from the previous night.

A whole immune system to grow. I haven't had to do that since I was a newborn...and even then I had some help from my mother.

Today, I woke up to pill delivery around 6; laid around for about an hour and breakfast showed up. Ate it, put some clothes on and got on their stationary bike for 30 minutes. It's been awhile since I was allowed to work up a sweat so this felt great. Of course, I felt like stopping after 10 and 20 minutes but just kept going. The shower following it was absolutely wonderful...another first, the dressing over my venous catheter didn't need to be covered.

One interesting side note, I got a visit from the dietitian. It seems that starting Wednesday I was supposed to be on a special low bacteria diet. They never told me and the menu choices stayed the same. Starting this afternoon apparently things change. On the other hand, I was told about a stash of "Mighty Shakes" in the kitchen.

My appetite is still good...they say that'll change in the next few days as the blood cells plunge.

As everything else goes around here...we'll see what comes next.

Thanks for taking part in this.
Jerry

No comments: